> We Need to be Fiscally Responsible
Anderson Vincent
Posted: Apr 15 2005, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Junior MP

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Mr. Speaker,

I am going to run a campaign for Prime Minister of the United States as an independent. The party that I am going to form will be called the Independence Party, based on the IDP in Minnesota. As a matter of fact, I hope to affiliate with them.

It is my hope that other members of parliament will join the Independence party, because it will be the party of true fiscal responsibility. We will not shirk from the responsibilities of government, and we will not be afraid to raise taxes and make painful spending cuts should the time come.

Mr. Speaker, it is my sincere hope that we can have a balanced budget soon, but there may not be an opportunity for that under a government headed by either a Republican or a Democratic Prime Minister. Dave Trotter did not balance the budget, Alex Kohan did not balance the budget, and it does not appear that Joshua Simmons will be able to balance the budget.

Mr. Speaker, if we are elected, which we likely will not be, then there will be an opportunity for the United States to have a balanced budget for the first time in several years.

I yield the floor.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0190 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

Free Forum provided by Forum For Free - setup your very own free message board now! | Archive