> Call to Order
Aaron Mond
Posted: Aug 22 2004, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Officeholder

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

*Bangs gavel repeatedly*

The House Committee on Appropriations and Finance is hereby called to order, the Honorable Mr Mond as Chair.

Before we commence business, scheduled for this Friday the 13th August 2004, I would like to share my vision of the ssession.

As Chair I will run as tight a ship as is needed. I expect members to hold themselves accountable and just to their station. Any infractions shall be dealt with in a manner commenserate to the degree of breech of decorum. I believe in due process and will remain an impartial judge on all events. I shall only vote in the advent of a tied vote, and most likely it shall be on the Affirmative side.

The AGS Rules of Procedure will be used exclusively.

Members must address the Chair at all times and yield the floor. Visitors and guests may apply to the Chair to address the Committee. I will not tolerate any obstruction of committee business nor attempts to delay that are impractical or harmful.

No COmmittee member may vote or debate unless they have signed in.

The COmmittee docket shall be determined by the Ranking Members who may suggest items for the following week's calender. I shall pin the inugural business calender up probably Wednesday 11th August.

The Chair will entertain all appeals and motions, where relevant, and members should feel free to approach the chair at any time.

I expect this committee to take the initiative and promote greater involvement by calling special commissions or holding hearings conducive to our jurisdiction.

Lets have a productive and fruitful session.

*bangs gavel*
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0388 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

Provided by Forum For Free - setup your very own free message board now!