Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

> Closing Statements
DVertex
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Civil Liberties Crusader

Group: Admin
Member No.: 834

PLEASE ONLY POST YOUR CLOSING STATEMENT ONCE YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT HAVE DEALT ANSWERED ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. YOU WILL BE PENALIZED FOR NONCOMPLIANCE.

Both candidates shall now have the opportunity to post their closing statements. 500 words maximum.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Jack McCarthy
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Ask Vertex about my lack of tremendous quality

Group: Members
Member No.: 266

Mark, thank you very much.

I'd like to thank my opponent for agreeing to this debate, and I'd like to thank all of you who've come here tonight and spent your time listening to this debate.

My fellow Wisconsinites, there should be no doubt my opponent and I both love this great state, and there should be no doubt we both want to make this great state an even better place to live, work, and raise our families.

There should also be no doubt that my opponent and I differ greatly on how best to make Wisconsin an even better place for all. While my opponent and I are both Democrats, I ask each and every one of you to look beyond the letter after our names and look at what we really stand for. If you do, your decision on which candidate you should support will be made much easier.

On the one hand you've got my opponent, a man who supports capital punishment and free trade agreements that move jobs to other countries, and you've got a man who voted to confirm a Supreme Court Justice who took away the right to choose for so many women in Wisconsin and across America.

While my opponent is certainly entitled to his beliefs, and I respect him for having those beliefs, I do not believe my opponent's beliefs are in keeping with what the fine people of Wisconsin want in their next United States Senator. Wisconsinites want and deserve a Senator who will never compromise when it comes to restoring and protecting a woman's right to choose;

Wisconsinites want and deserve a Senator who will work to bring our troops home, but who will also support those troops while they're serving in harms way;

Wisconsinites want and deserve a Senator who will fight to keepr our communities safer without resorting to putting criminals to death for their crimes;

And Wisconsinites want and deserve a Senator who will be the voice of the people, not the voice of the special interests.

Friends, I want to be your United States Senator because I believe I best represent the ideals that have come to typify Wisconsin: hard work, honesty, a willingness to listen, and passion. I stand here today asking for the opportunity to serve as your United States Senator, because I know with your help we can make this great state of ours an even better place to live, work, and raise our families.

Thank you all, good night, and God Bless!
PMEmail PosterAOL
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Walton-McCarthy Debate | Next Newest »

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0751 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]